Thursday, March 8, 2012

Busy Thursday



Sammy playing with his cousin, Caleb. They love to play computer games together such as Peggle, Plants vs Zombies, and PBS Kids. I am glad that Sammy has always had such a good friend in Caleb, and in his other cousins, Richmond and Christian as well. And of course, little Gaby, too. I hope they can always be friends.

Before I start, I just want to mention that I have been blogging for a month now! I am so happy (and a bit surprised) that I have made it so long! Hopefully I can continue the streak!

Well, we really started our Thursday early! My Brother-in-law and his family were heading to Hawaii on Thursday afternoon so they opted to skip school and have piano lessons Thursday morning at 9am. Now that's dedication to piano! Or maybe it was just convenient for him to keep them out of school and keep them busy in the morning. :) So, we got up, quickly fed the kids and we got crack-a-lackin'!

I was impressed with my nephews once again! They did so well! They really have put so much effort into their piano that it just warms my heart. And it makes the lessons A LOT more interesting for me! Yay! And the kids loved playing with those guys. It really does make piano more fun for the kids that they actually get to play with these guys. I just have to remember that when it is more hectic and crazy for me. It's for the kids. I am helping form bonds between these cousins and also making memories. It will all be worth it!




Left: Izzie enjoying having her cousins in her house. She couldn't stop smiling about it!
Center: Two of my nephews playing with the ipod after some serious piano playing--they definitely deserved that play time.
Right: Izzie scooting backwards on her tummy. It was so funny!

After they left we didn't have much time to relax because it was voice lesson and accompanying day! Wahoo! So I got the baby down for a nap and went downstairs to practice my songs. Sammy followed me downstairs and he proceeded to play while I sang. and then as I sang my song we would play soccer! I am sure it didn't do much for my posture, lunging for balls and trying to make shots, but it helped me play with my son and practice singing at the same time.

And before I knew it, it was time to go accompany. I went and I did my best. And then it was my turn! I was so excited because I felt like I was making breakthroughs! However those breakthroughs came at a price. I now feel as though my voice will sound worse because I am trying to develop muscles and learn techniques that will help me sound better in the long run! But I have lost a bit of control. Oh well, my voice teacher was happy with it and so am I! When I finally stopped caring about being in total control my voice sounded so big! And he said that we may have gotten a glimpse of how big or much bigger my voice could get! It was very exciting! I also sang my songs and I am close to passing two but I also got assigned some new songs! I am really excited about that too. Overall, it was a great day for voice lessons.

And then I had accompanying and piano lessons left. I know the back and forth make things a little bit difficult, but I kind of like being that busy. It makes me feel good. And I like that my kids get to play with other kids and learn to be a little separated from Mommy, especially Izzie. She really needs to learn not to be so clingy with me. Man, it was so awesome. My teenage sisters are doing so great. I am proud of the progress they are making as well! And I was happy with the accompanying that I am doing! I feel as though I am getting better at playing these songs. I have been out of the sight reading level I used to be able to do and I feel as though that the more that I do this, I can feel it coming back. I am so excited about this too! It feels like I am progressing in my piano skills, which I haven't felt in a long time!



Left: Sammy loved those strawberries. He kept raising them up, he was so excited to have them!
Center: When Sammy really loves something, he shows it by closing his eyes while he eats! He cracks me up every time he does it!
Right: Izzie loved the strawberries as well. She kept wanting to put the whole thing in her mouth, but they were so gigantic that they would not fit! She tried as hard as she could anyways.

After a long day of lessons and accompanying our neighbors brought us some chocolate covered strawberries! They were absolutely divine! And the kids loved them too! Those guys love chocolate and strawberries. Just thinking about them makes me wish I had more! Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment