Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crock Pot Tuesday

Tuesday ended up being a nice day. I had an appointment set up for the morning, but it was canceled so we just got to relax the whole day. One thing of note on Tuesday was that I tried another new crock pot recipe. I was very curious to see how it would turn out--

Pork sandwiches with root beer barbecue sauce:
1 Boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds)
1 medium onion, sliced
2 tablespoons dried minced garlic (I used 2 fresh garlic cloves)
3 cups Root beer
1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce (I used Heinz Chili Sauce--it looks exactly like a bottle of Heinz ketchup)
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Tapatio worked just fine)

1. Place roast in a 3 quart slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic, and 1 cup root beer. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and the remaining root beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
3. Remove meat from slow cooker; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred pork and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cover and Cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls or hamburger buns.

This recipe was an even bigger hit than the one on Sunday! My Sammy, who is not into trying new foods tried it and loved it on the first bite! It was wonderful! And Izzie Bee is into eating everything and she loved it as well. Don't even get me started on how much my husband loved the sandwiches--he was the most impressed with the meat. I was worried he would eat all the meat while I was cooking the sauce! He kept sneaking bites of the meat and kept talking about how tender and tasty the meat was! Definitely a keeper.



While I was busy cooking, this is what the kids were doing.









Tuesday was lazy and uneventful. I can handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment