Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Love Sundays

Sundays are actually quite busy for me. BUT I LOVE IT!! There is nothing better than being busy with spiritual things. I love to serve others and work side by side with those who love our Heavenly Father as much as I do.

Well, I got ready for the day and said good morning to my family. I had to be at choir practice at 9:30am so I left pretty quickly. I truly enjoy playing piano for the choir. I love just playing religious music and feeling the spirit touch my soul. It was great. It was especially awesome because we are starting to work on our Easter music. It never ceases to amaze me that my Savior, Jesus Christ, atoned for my and every one's sins! He not only atoned for our sins but went through every hardship, fear, and travail that anyone will ever face. The hymn, "I Stand All Amazed" is one of my favorites, especially around Easter. I am excited that we may be working on that song for this upcoming Easter program.

After choir I came home and started to prep our dinner. I had decided to try a new crock pot recipe and was wondering how it would turn out. It was "Beef in Onion Gravy" from one of those recipe magazine booklets at the checkout in a supermarket. It was awesome! It was fairly simple:

Beef in Onion Gravy
2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
4 tablespoons onion soup mix
4 tablespoons beef broth
2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes

In a crock pot, combine the soup, soup mix, broth and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.

It was a hit! We used noodles and we added a salad and green beans to the dinner and it was a fantastic meal!

At church we got there a few minutes after it started and there was a missionary homecoming so we ended up in the back. My husband and I realized that no matter how hard it may seem to sit in the pews in the front it truly is harder now to sit in the back! Our kids kept running around and making so much noise. Arnie ended up going out with the kids for a little bit because they were getting too crazy and it sounded like they were tap dancing throughout the whole meeting!

After Sunday school I was asked to play a song for the Young Women to help them learn their Mutual theme, "Arise." I am so excited that I got asked to help because I really like the song and the girls have such a sweet, bubbly spirit around them that it is an honor to be in their presence. I really enjoyed myself and they asked me to come play for them on Wednesday and help them practice and perform the song in two weeks and I am absolutely delighted. The only problem is that the song on the church website is more upbeat and "fun" (which also equals complicated) than the free printable music you can get from the website. I will have to take this home and play around with it to see if I can make it sound more like the website. Here it is and I recommend listening because it is awesome! A little repetitious, but it definitely made me smile and cry (because I was so happy!).



Arise: 2012 Mutual Theme Song

I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am grateful that my kids will be able to participate in such an awesome youth program that uplifts them and teaches them to be strong and stand up for the right and for their beliefs. But most importantly, teaches them about Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father who loves us and know us individually. I am glad that I had an opportunity to participate in this same program.





After church my sister came over and she shared in our delicious Sunday feast. While I was getting everything on the table she was going to paint her nails, but my little Izzie decided that she wanted her nails done! So, my sister painted her toe nails and they looked so adorable! Izzie amazingly sat still throughout the process and was pretty good. Her fingernails were a different story. She wiped her fingernails off before they were dry! They were so cute!






I sure love Sundays.



No comments:

Post a Comment